Tutoring statistics, you cover linear regression. The tutor shows how to get a best-fit line on the Casio fx-991ES PLUS C.
Let’s imagine you have the following data
Furthermore, you’d like to find a line of the form y=A+Bx that fits the data. Here’s how you might do it using the Casio fx-991ES PLUS C:
- Press Mode then 3 for Stat mode.
- Press 2 for y=A+Bx
- In the table that appears, enter the x and y values.
- After all the x and y values have been entered, press AC.
- Now, press Shift then 1.
- Press 5
- You’ll see choices for A, B, and other stats. Select the one you want, then press Enter.
- If, for example, you select A first and get its value, press Stat then 1 then 5 to return to the other choices. You can then choose B.
Casio fx-991ES PLUS C User’s Guide.
Jack of Oracle Tutoring by Jack and Diane, Campbell River, BC.