The tutor shows how to easily solve a two-variable linear system with the amazing Sharp el-520w.
Let’s imagine you’re posed the following problem:
Solve the linear system:
(2/3)x – (1/5)y = 2
-4x + 3y = 6
With the Sharp el-520w, solving it couldn’t be easier:
- MODE 2 0
- It asks for a1: key in 2÷3, then =. Next, it asks for b1: key in -1÷5, then =. For c1, key in 2, then =. (Note these are the numbers from the first equation.)
- Now it starts asking for the second row numbers. Key them in the same manner as you just did for the first row.
- After you key in c2 and press =, the screen should say x=6. Press = again to reveal y=10.
- To review the inputs, and the answers, you can press = repeatedly.
- To return to normal mode, press MODE, then 0.
Sharp el-520w Operation Manual.
Jack of Oracle Tutoring by Jack and Diane, Campbell River, BC.