Excel: Analysis ToolPak
Tutoring spreadsheets, you might get asked about add-ins. The tutor mentions the Excel Analysis ToolPak add-in.
As I understand, Excel add-ins are extra tools that are available with Excel but not installed unless requested.
I installed the Analysis ToolPak add-in today. More or less, this is how I did so (Excel 2007):
- Click the top-left Office button (the four colored squares in a circle), then Excel Options, then Add-Ins.
- There are many add-ins displayed; the top one says Analysis ToolPak, and I select it.
- Near the bottom is the word Manage, with a menu beside it. Making sure Excel Add-ins is selected, I click Go.
- Now a check-box list appears. I check the box beside Analysis ToolPak and click OK.
- At this point a dialogue pops up asking if I want to install the Analysis ToolPak. I click Yes.
I installed the Analysis ToolPak because it offers a number of functions, including making a histogram. I’ll tell more about it in future posts:)
Jack of Oracle Tutoring by Jack and Diane, Campbell River, BC.