Health: diabetes: oral meds for type II
Self-tutoring about medicine: the tutor looks into oral meds for Type II diabetes.
There are numerous oral medications for type II diabetes. As I understand, each works in one of five ways:
- It may cause the pancreas to produce more insulin.
- It may make the cells more sensitive to insulin.
- It may depress the amount of glucose released from the liver.
- It may decrease glucose collection in the kidneys (so some glucose is released in the urine).
- It may reduce the rate that the small intestine absorbs glucose.
Source:Oracle Tutoring by Jack and Diane, Campbell River, BC.